When i bought my M3D printer I did not now what to expect. Now I reallize this project would have been much harder without it.
Due to busy times at work and some traveling, there has been some time since the last update on this page, but things still happen.
Barriers are broken, hardware showed up and the APU is working. A lot happened in the project this week. Here is a short resume.
Some weeks ago I found this second hand 3D printer on the internet. Yesterday it arrived...
Yesterday at 10:50 I tracked my shipment and the panels were stuck in Hamburg, Germany. 10 minutes later they arrived at my door! Amazing!!
I have been running back and forth like a headless chicken between my house and the mailbox for a couple of weeks now. Today it paid off!
Today I was in a local store and randomly bumped into these switches.
Today I have been playing around in Sketchup and tested out som thoughts on how to solve the Q400 Caution Panel
Today I managed to connect my first switch to the LeoBodnar and get it working on the Q400 through SPADNext.
While I am waiting for the Majestic Software Q400 Training edition we are close to a new realease of SPAD.neXt. This version will support the Q400.
I have a few tools in my toolbox but i never owned soldering iron. Last week i bought a Weller 40W and today it showed up in the mail. I have no idea if its the right tool for me, but i guess i will find out. I've also ordered the Leo Bodnar BU0836X 12-Bit Joystick Board (BU0836X) from leobodnar.com
Today is a big day for the project. I took the first step and ordered the overhead panels, 45 toggle switches , screws, 2 speeds/ baro panels, and a standby instrument for the Q400 MIP. I guess I’m now officially a cockpit builder :)
Ever since I was a little boy, I dreamed about flying an airplane. In the late 90’s and early 2000’s I started to take interest of flight simming. My hardware was not any good and I could not afford the upgrade at that time some eventually the «air went out of the simming balloon» - so to speak.