An exciting week for the project!
Barriers are broken, hardware showed up and the APU is working. A lot happened in the project this week. Here is a short resume.
First of all I have to say that I'm learning new things every day. Things I thought where hard turns out to be quite easy and visa versa. Even with my lack of knowledge on electronics I start to get quite optimistic on behalf of the project.
I always knew that connecting toggle switches through Leo Bodnar should be easy, and since I have used SPAD.neXt on my first cockpit, I was confident that that should work out fine.
Connecting the Korry like switches on the other hand - I had no clue. Last week I ordered an Led controller board from Ultimarc and some female jumper connectors to see if I got the LED's to light up. I did and imidiatly got in touch with Ulrich at SPAD.next.
About 3 hours later the board was implemented in SPAD.next and I could start programming the APU. The programming was very easy and it took me about 10 minutes to get everything working. Amazing!
I also started producing knobs for the overhead rotary switches. Some weeks ago I bought an second hand 3D printer. I got this working and are printing out knobs as we speak. The quality is what you can expect for a cheap 3D printer, but with some afterwork the knobs will be quite alright actually.
Another big thin this week is that I ordered my aluminum overhead frame from my local blacksmith. He will start working on this in the coming week. I really look forward to start getting the panels in place. That will make it easier to start connect panels permanently
The last thing i want to mention is that i ordered some 4 dollar dim boxes from China. The reason I did this is that I can take out the potentiometer and the card from these dimboxes. I did a small test for my self, and i thin this will be the perfect solution for controlling the backlghting in the panel. I will get back to you we more information on this